guerrilla marketing.

Friday 20 May 2011

Large Scale Posters


As another idea to collaborate with the parcel tag guerilla, I wanted to develop large scale posters. Through a friend, I discovered an option on printing through inDesign which allows my designs to be scaled and then tiled to be printed out on A4 sheets. The sheets are then printed out with a customizable trim, and then once trimmed and placed together, create the original image at a large scale.

This is a design I created at an A0 scale, which allows for a lot of impact with its size.

I spoke briefly to a couple people about the large scale poster idea, and they all agreed that yes, it would have impact due to its size but would it be interesting enough to be valuable as guerilla advertising. Stuart suggested making it an 'interactive' poster - maybe by taking something that's already in the environment, recreating it in the poster and then distributing the poster around - for example, making a design with a door frame, inviting people to interact. So taking this on board, I'd like to play around with some designs and see if I can make the product more inviting to interaction and connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment